Wednesday, January 15, 2014

TRANSFERS! Jan. 14, 2014

Hey Mom, Dad, dear family and friends,

Well, I was transfered. I´m now in area called  Prossind which is in João Pessoa. I think  yesterday and today are the two hardest days of my life. It is soooo unbelievably hard to leave all the people I love behind and go to a new area. I cried so much yesterday and today! But I know that this is what the mission is like and I´m so excited too because Sister Stolk is training now. So my "daughter" has a "daughter" now so  it´s Grandma Hicks haha. Her companion´s name is Sister Lopes and she´s from  São Paulo. My companion´s name is Sister Moore and she´s from Colorado. haha Sister Stolk is from Colorado too. 

Oh and also good news, SINARA WAS BAPTIZED!!! So I have to tell you all about a miracle that happened. So Satuday morning Sinara called and said that she needed a little bit more time and that she wasn´t going to be baptized Sunday. She asked us to please not visit her on Saturday because she wanted time to think. So we were on our way to lunch (on a bus because lunch was out in the countryside at Thalisson´s house) and I had no idea what to do. But long story short, when we got back to our house Sister Stolk got down on our knees and just plead with the Lord to be able to know what we should do. As I was praying (and crying)   the cell phone rang but we didn´t recognize the number so I just silenced it, then it rang again but I just silenced it. I ended the prayer and  5 seconds later it rang again and Sinara´s name popped. I answered the phone and she proceeded to tell me that she decided that she was going to be baptized. Coolest moment ever! Heavenly Father literally answered our prayer in the same moment (it had been her calling from her mom´s cell phone) So Saturday afternoon she had an interview but after the interview our District leader said that she still had doubts about Jospeh Smith, President Monson, and the Book of Mormon. So Saturday night we had a family night at  her house with Danilo, Camilla, Tiago, and Julio. It was all about the Book of Mormon and it was really cool.

So, we gave her the Restoration DVD and told her to  pray again and ask if everything we taught her was true. 

So, it´s sunday morning, 5:15 in the morning, Sinara calls, Yes sister, I will be baptized today, such an amazing experience!  She had another interview during church with one of our zone leaders and everything went great. Coolest part, Danilo gave the talk at her baptism. so cool :) 

Another cool thing, yesterday Danilo and Camilla prepared a little activity for us to just thank us for the work we had done in Queimadas. Danilo, Camilla, Sinara, Thalys, Renato (5 baptisms that Siste r Stolk and I had ), Julio, Thalisson, Luiz, and Tiago were there. It was such a sweet get together and everyone shared their testimonies. Danilo gave me a letter that he wrote on the day of his baptism, in the letter he thanked us for our work and all that we had done. The last  part he wrote recently and he said that it took him forever to finish because it was so hard to write. I was crying like a baby when he was reading it and it was so hard to say goodbye to everyone last night. I will never forget the people that touched my life in Queimadas. It will always be like a second home to me. I´m so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve in Queimadas. It will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart.


Mom: I´m so excited for you guys to go on your trip! It´s going to be so fun! 

Amanda said that she liked my room too. I think I want it to be a surprise so don´t send photos :)

That´s crazy about the weather, what?! 

 Mom, I loved what you  wrote about treating everyone like Christ would. I really want to improve on this especially as I  enter a new area and I´m living with new sisters. I need to serve more and think of myself less.        

Dad: Thanks so much for what you said about just taking it as a new adventure! I feel like I need to just come into this new area with a fresh perspective and just get to work!      

Sounds like your super busy with all the stuff in the stake and yes, I remember Tori! She´s great! 

I would recommend 2 Nephi 31, it´s a great chapter about baptism and we use it a lot with our investigators!  

Taylor: I´m so glad to hear that you´re doing well and thank you so much for the advice about transfers. It was exactly what I needed  to hear. You´re the best. :)

 Lindsey: Aah, I hope  Alice is feeling better and oh my goodness, Norah is just too funny! haha, especially with the bandaids, oh Norah.... I´m glad to hear that you´re feeling better too! 
 
Kelsey: Aah, I love the name Guy too :) Definitely approve!  I hope that everything gets better with the lady that ran into your car. It´s so true that prayer is something that we sometimes forget to do but is something that always help. I hope  you  are still happy and healthy!      


 Well, thank you so much for your prayers and support. I need a lot of prayers this week as I´m feeling very "homesick"  of Queimadas, my second home. But just have to keep going!

Well, I love you all so much!

I love you the MOSTIEST!!!

Love, 
Sister Hicks                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment