Monday, June 16, 2014

Futebol MANIA!! June 16, 2014

Dear Mom, Dad, Family, and Friends,

To start off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREG!! (I know it´s not til Sunday but still...)

Well, this week was pretty crazy with the World Cup game! Let´s just say that Brasil is CRAZY for soccer! I didn´t realize how crazy it is here. But literally, the whole COUNTRY shuts down when Brasil plays. And it´s funny because they watch the World Cup like we watch the Olympics at our house. The TV is just always on, doesn´t matter who is playing. haha, so we always watch just a few parts of the game. Italy playing for a little bit, then the next house Spain is already playing, you get the gist. :) haha, but, it truly is just a FESTA (party) here! haha, it´s so fun to be a part of it as well with my Brasil jersey and everything :) 

So fun story, the house where we watched the game, lives a family from the ward. They´re so great! And Carina (she´s in the picture) is a convert of 22 years. So, yesterday the American elder that baptized her (22 years ago) came back to visit his mission with his wife! It was really cool, we all had lunch at their house yesterday. He still speaks pretty well (the basics) but his wife doesn´t speak a lick of portuguese so I had to translate! haha, I never imagined that I would be able to translate but it was actually really cool! (But I won´t lie, I left with a head ache :)

Another cool story, this morning as we were leaving our house, the other sisters from our house called and said that Luzinete was in front of our house! My first baptism from my past area! She was working in Cabedelo today and so she passed by to see me! It was soooo great to see her and to find out how the ward is back in Prossind! She´s doing great and wow, it was just so cool!! Brought back a lot of memories as well!

This week was a little rough. Sister Maciel and I decided that we´re just going to start all over with a new approach and try to do things differently. Please pray for us this week that we´ll be able to find new investigators to teach because we don´t have a very big teaching pool. Also, please pray that João Paulo will go to church this week :) He´s one of our investigators that we´re teaching :) Thanks!

Mom:
Well, I don´t know what I´m going to do for my year mark, it´s still pretty crazy to me! And it´s weird that I have the most time in the mission than all the other 3 sisters that I live with!

haha, LOVED, the card that Greg found! I was actually able to get the video to work!  haha, I think that is literally the perfect card for him! 

Sounds like everything is going well there and I hope that everything works out for trek, I`ll be praying! :)

Dad:
Well, I´m glad to hear that everything went well with the funeral, that sounds like it was interesting but that was really nice that you went out.

I liked your idea for stake conference, that´s really interesting about the Liahonas. I´m sure it´ll be great!

Lindsey: haha, first off that story from Norah was absolutely hysterical! haha oh Norah, as always :)

Glad to hear that you had a great birthday and that Father´s day was nice as well! 


Well, I have to go but I love you all soooo much and  miss you all!
I love you the MOSTIEST!

Love,
Sister Hicks

PS I hope you enjoyed the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment