Monday, August 11, 2014

LOBSTERS and Happy Father's Day (Brasil) August 11, 2014

Dear Mom, Dad, Family, and Friends,

Well, this week went really well. We had another baptism! woohoo! Things are starting to pick up in our area. So Jorge was baptized yesterday. His mom, Severina, is an inactive sister but she came to church yesterday for the first time in a very long time. It´s so great to see members come back to church. Well, as you guys saw in the photos, he gave us about 11 or 12 lobsters to eat. He´s a real pro fisherman and gave us these lobsters :) We hid two of them on the other sisters´ study table, haha when they arrived home they moved the bag that was hiding them and they flipped out! haha, it was a pretty great prank :)

Mom: Loved the pictures that you sent from the cooking class! Looks like the food turned out really well! Oh and the small box that you sent still hasn´t arrived. And thanks for putting more money in my account as well. 

So about classes and housing, I´ll talk to some other sisters during district meeting tomorrow and I´ll let you know what I think. I really have no idea where I´ll live or classes or anything! aah! It seems so far away! 

haha, that´s so funny about Greg, I don´t know why we still doubt him, he really does know best! 

Wow, Jonathan Henderson came home, I had forgotten that he was on a mission, that´s so cool! 

and wow, have so much fun in Bermuda! Be sure to send me photos! 

Dad: Sounds like the talk you gave about the stripling warriors´ mothers went really well. I had never stopped and thought about how their lives had been. Really interesting point. :)

And I really liked the quote that you included from Elder Cannon. It´s interesting to think about being a part of this generation. 

Taylor: Hey Taylor! Haven´t heard from you in a long time! Hope you´re doing well and know that I´m thinking and praying for you! Keep me updated on how the new apartment life is!


Well, Thursday morning we had our zone meeting and I found out that Sister Stolk, my "daughter" in the mission was called as a Sister Leader Trainer, I´m so excited for her! Aah! I asked the APs to do a phone conference so that I would be able to talk to her! It was so great to talk to her for a few minutes! She´s still in Campina Grande in the same zone!

Well, I don´t have much time to write but I hope you all liked the photos I sent. haha, Sister Maciel and I like to goof around. 


Well, I love you all the MOSTIEST!!!

Love,
Sister Hicks

No comments:

Post a Comment