Sunday, August 24, 2014

Greetings from CABEDELO!! August 20, 2014

Dear Mom, Dad, Family, and Friends,

Well, this week was a great week. Things are really starting to work out well in our area. I started giving a free English class this week and we were able to find new investigators. And the best part is that Bishop Paulo is a teacher so we went to the school where he works and went classroom to classroom to announce the class. It´s been really interesting :)

Dad:
Loved the photo that you sent of you and Mom at the Windjammer, Tradewind (whatever it´s called) :) cafe. haha, wow it seems like so long ago that we went on that cruise, the Radiance of the Seas. Hope you guys are having a fun time. 

I hope that you have been able to relax a little bit and get away from at least some of the work that you have to do. Sounds like you´ve been pretty busy with work work and church work. Hope you´re having a good time though. 

We gave the lobsters to our Ward Mission Leader because he was a cook and they cooked them but then they never game them to us, but it´s all good. Jorge gave us fish, already cut up and ready. It´s funny, everytime we pass by to teach him or just pass by, he always wants to make us food. Yesterday we were passing by and he had just made a "vitamina de abacate" or in English, avocado smoothie. yah, so here in Brasil, avocado is something that you eat sweet. They make this smoothie with milk, avocados, and sugar. haha, I was explaining to Sister Maciel that in the US we eat avocados with salt. haha, she was completely disgusted, "Avocados?! With salt and pepper?!" haha, but avocado smoothie is actually pretty good. 

hey Dad, I have a question for you, so I was reading this morning in D+C 107 about the priesthood and I wanted to ask you about verse 16 that talks about how you have to be a literal descendent of Aaron. Could you explain that more? Thanks :)

Mom: Glad to hear that you guys are having a great time. Oh, before I forget, I got your cards and...I got the package of Old Navy shirts from March! thank you thank you thank you! It actually came at the perfect time when I was really needing new shirts! 

Oh, and it was perfect that you emailed about the tickets but the mission secretary called this week and was asking about what airport I wanted to land in or if you guys were going to come to pick me up. yes, will definitely have to start planning but it´s good now that I know for sure that you guys will come cause I have to tell the secretaries to not buy a ticket. I cried a little after they called and asked me what airport I wanted to land in, it really hit me that the time has gone by so fast. 

Well, I talked to a few sisters from BYU in my zone and they said that there´s still time. It would be great if you could look at some apartments in October if you guys go to conference. Also, these sisters return home in September so I can ask them too when they get back. 

Oh, and thanks for starting to buy new clothes as well :) that´ll be great.

Bryan and Lindsey: Wow, I really can´t believe that Norah is going to be in kindergarten. It seems like yesterday that we drove up to Ithaca when she was blessed. Glad to hear that she´s doing well. 

Taylor: Glad to hear that you´re doing well! We´ll definitely have to listen to some Brazilian music when I get back! Wow, I can´t believe you´re going to start your senior year of college, what?! Send some photos of you and your girlfriend :)

Well, please pray for Eli and Jessica. They are two investigators that we are working with. They are really great, they just need a bigger desire to be baptized this Sunday! But I´ll write more next week about them! 

I hope you guys liked the photos that I sent as well! I have been trying to send more photos!

I love you all the MOSTIEST!

Love,
Sister Hicks

No comments:

Post a Comment