Sunday, October 26, 2014

Keep on Keeping On! October 20, 2014


Dear Mom, Dad, Family, and Friends,

First off, thank you soo much for all the emails, blog posts, videos and photos that everyone sent this week. It definitely made my day that much brighter and was exactly what I needed. 

So before I forget, transfers are next Wednesday so I´ll email next Wednesday, not Monday, just a heads up :)

Well, this week was a little tough but this coming week will be better :) So, our only investigator that went to church last week, didn´t want to hear more. We taught the Restoration and gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to be baptized. Well, the next day we passed by and he said to pass by later but when we passed by he wasn´t at home. The next day we passed by his grandma and brother talked to us and said that he didn´t want to hear more. We tried calling him but I think he recognized our number. Well, our district leader called him and talked to him and it was true what his family had said. He told our district leader that he just wanted to visit the church but didn´t want to hear more. It´s always hard to see when people use their free agency to choose to not hear our message but this was the Lord´s plan, the ability to choose. 

Mom:
haha, Mom, don´t even worry about last week. I assumed that was probably what had happened. Don´t even worry Mom, it´s all good. I got to read two emails this week from you! 

So, in response to your question about the ballet class, yes it says that 290 is a pre-requisite but I exceeded the level so I didn´t have to take it. I was but in the higher level, the 391. So, I don´t know which class is better, 391 is what I took my first two semesters but now it´s been a year and a half since I have danced. I´ll probably have to see once I get out there if I still can keep up with the 391 or see if 290 would be better for the first semester back. Maybe you can call the dance department and ask them what would be better. Just tell them that I was in the 391 before I went on my mission but ask them what they think you should do, register for 290 or 391. 

I emailed Sister Johnson and asked her to talk to some other sisters this week about housing. I also emailed Rachel Hawkley (my BYU roommate) she said that she´s going to live in Allred. Maybe you could check it out online to see what it´s like. She said that there will probably be some openings as well. I should know better next week when Sister Johnson emails me back. 

Yes, I definitely want to see the Nutcracker. I know Abbie and Julia would die if I didn´t see it. It would probably be good to buy tickets for the noon show because I know that Amanda comes in on the 20th as well. 

Good to know about EFY, I´ll just worry about that when I get back. 

Well, the family activity that I want to do when I get back is see the Christmas lights at the temple and do a session in the temple with everyone :)

To eat: Chicken broccoli casserole, big surprise :)

And in response to your question about me feeling the support of your prayers. Yes, I definitely feel the love and support. I know that there are days when I am supported and lifted by the prayers that you offer. I know that it´s absolutely true that the Lord and His angels are on our left side and right side and always go in front of us. Thank you for all your love and support. 

Taylor: Glad to hear that everything is going well at school. Thanks for helping Mom with the school registration stuff! That´s a big help for me. 

I hope everything goes well with the job interviews at Target and Enterprise. You´re gonna rock that interview! 
Bryan: Unfortunately the link opened but opened in YouTube and I don´t think we can watch it on youtube and I don´t think there was sound either. You´ll have to show me when I get back :)

haha, I think you´re going to have do some more convincing when I get back about this whole CS stuff :)

Kimball: It really is true about the converts to the Church during the pioneer age. It´s crazy that they were truly recent converts and left their families to go on missions with such little time as a member. 
That´s great that seminary is going so well, keep up the good work!

Kelsey: Loved the pictures that you sent! It´s crazy how fast Guy is growing up. I loved the Halloween idea as well! So creative! 
So, Halloween definitely isn´t a big thing here but they have a "Dia dos Mortos" which means Day of the Dead. The Brazilian sister that lives with us, Sister Sayonara, said that a lot of people go to the cemetaries to visit their loved ones´ graves. So, it´s Halloween but with a different twist...

Lindsey: Loved the photos that you sent from the State Fair. Everyone looks so great in the pictures!
Well, thank you all so much for your love, prayers, and support. I am so grateful to be a missionary. It´s such an amazing experience!

I love you all the MOSTIEST!!!

Love,
Sister Hicks

No comments:

Post a Comment