Thursday, October 30, 2014

I'm a "Ma'e" Again October 29, 2014

Dear Mom, Dad, Family, and Friends,

Well, as the subject suggests, I´m training! I received my new companion yesterday. Her name is Sister Moscoso and she´s from Peru. We received 4 new sisters yesterday and not one elder from the CTM in São Paulo, 3 Brazilian sisters and 1 Hispanic (my companion) :) I attached a photo of the two of us from this morning. (I know I look like a mess but it´s P-day :)) The other photo I attached was when Sister Chauque braided my hair and I slept with the braids in and the next morning she took the briads out and my hair was all crimpy :) 

So, I´m not a Sister Leader Trainer now because I´m training. Sister Chauque is still the Sister leader trainer in our zone with Sister Gomes. They are in Tambaú which is the ward next to ours and their apartment building is about 2 minutes aways from ours, walking! 

Well, I´m in the same area, Manaíra which is cool. So, I`ll only have 4 areas during my mission. So, some cool news, yesterday when I went to the chapel to meet up with the other trainers, a member from my 2nd area, Prossind, was there. He said that one of my recent converts, Jeremias, is thinking about and preparing to serve a mission! He´s 20 years old! I was so excited! 

Well other big news, the other sisters in our house, Sister Briones and Sister Sayonara are going to have a baptism this week. The husband and wife are going to be married legally tomorrow and their baptism along with their 2 daughters will be on Saturday! They have been investigating the church four about 4 months now! Their story is so cool. Ronaldo is the dad and he had prayed to be able to have more peace in his home and to improve his relationship with his spouse and family. Well about 2 days later the sisters knocked on his door and he invited them in. His wife, Solange, in the beginning did not like the sisters or the church at all. She even made fun of them. Well, he continued to investigate the church and her heart was softened. But, she was still having problems quitting smoking and drinking coffee. Well, when I arrived here, they lived in our area, so one night we had a great lesson with her and the whole family about the love that God has for us. And that we have to keep the commandments to show our love that we have for God. Well, at the end of the lesson we all kneeled down and I said the prayer. This Sunday in Church during Gospel Principles, Solange explained that after that prayer that we said kneeling down, she decided to stop smoking and she never again smoked a cigarrette and she poured the coffee down the drain. It was so powerful when she shared this story. It´s amazing the power of prayer. I´m so happy for them and I can´t wait to be there and see there baptism. 

Mom: So I know that it must be crazy to look for housing. At this point, I don´t know if it will work out to live with other sisters that returned home. Well, I know that I don´t want to live in new heritage or wyview with the upper classmen. So, I guess what I´m looking for in an apartment would be air conditioning, and internet access, wifi would be great but if no, the internet that you have to use a cable would be fine as well. I haven´t been able to get in touch very well with the sisters that I know that returned home and/or they already have contracts. But I know that I just want a contract for winter semester because spring semester I`m going to room with Lexi, Emma, Sister Stolk, etc. I know it´s a lot to do mom but I trust your judgment, thanks Mom!

And the 19th sounds great for the open house :)

Also, to get around town I think the easiest thing would be to get a taxi and I thought that also at times we could use the public bus system as well (it´s really good) 

Ballet 390 sounds like it would be a good class, and yah, that´s true that they have an audition in the beginning of the year :) That should be interesting :) 

Dad: Glad to hear that you´ve been able to work on some family history work and missionary work! I will definitely help you with that when I get home! 

That´s so cool that you were able to get the phone number of your mission president! I hope you´re able to catch up with him. 

Bryan: Well I laughed out loud when I read what you wrote about majoring in computer science. Yes, we´ll have to have some good long discussions over Christmas break, hahaaha :) 

And send photos from Halloween, can´t wait to see how you guys all look :) 

Lindsey: Thanks for sending the photos! She looks great! 

Well, I´ll definitely miss the random donkeys in the street and the crazy loud music and parties. There are so many things that I´ll miss, rice and beans every day as well! 

Well, I have to go but I love you all the MOSTIEST!!!

Love you all so much,
Sister Hicks

No comments:

Post a Comment