Sunday, October 26, 2014

Things are looking up! October 13, 2014

Dear Mom, Dad, Family, and Friends,

Well, this week was a lot better. Sister Chauque and I are getting to know our new area now that we´re in the Manaíra ward. The good news is that are area covers a more humble neighborhood as well. 

This week was a little crazy because Siser Chauque and I went on exchanges Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Tuesday I went to Cabedelo and went on exchanges with Sister Alves (she´s from Cape Verde and ends her mission with me). It was great to be back in Cabedelo and I got to see a few of the members and some of my recent-converts :) 

Then on Wednesday and Thursday, Sister Chauque went on exchanges in Tambaú and I stayed in my area and went on exchanges with the sisters´companions that were going on exchanges in Tambaú. On Wednesday, I went on exchanges with Sister Gomes from Curitiba and on Thursday I went on exchanges with Sister Lugo from Paraguy. They are so great and it´s so cool as a leader to be able to go on exchanges and get to know so many sisters. It´s really on exchanges that you get to know the sisters and exchanges are crucial to be able to find out how you can truly help the sisters in the zone. 

This past week, the APs started doing a thing where every day a few companionships (only sisters) went to the center of João Pessoa where there´s a huge lake. All the public buses stop there and we just contacted people from 8 am (went back to our area for lunch) to 6 PM. It was really tiring and we met lots of different types of people but the four of us in Manaíra got 147 referrals to pass on to the areas here in João Pessoa. It was a pretty crazy experience but it was definitely worth it. I´m not sure if we´re going again this Friday but I´ll let you all know how it goes.

Dad: Thanks for your email. Your emails are always exactly what I need to read every week :) Thanks for all your support and encouragement. :)

So, I heard that our titles were Sister Zone Leaders but maybe it´s just Sister Leader trainer. I don´t know for sure. But a few of our responsibilities are to go on exchanges with all the areas in our zone, there are 6 other companionships (not including ours) in our zone. 2 companionships in Ipês, 2 in Tambaú and 1 in Cabedelo. :) It´s really great to get to know the other sisters. We also have to prepare and give the training at the District Meeting every week. The district meeting is just with the sisters. We also work with the Zone Leaders to plan how we can best help the zone. We also go to the Mission Counsel on the first Tuesday of every month to receive training and to report back on how the month went and how we will improve during the following month. 

Lindsey: I absolutely loved all the blog posts you sent! I know I always write this but I really can´t believe how fast Norah, Alice, and Baby Freya are growing up. I think Alice has changed the most. Thanks for always sending the blog posts to me :) You´re the best and hope that you have a great week :)

Well, yesterday we had an investigator that went to church. His name is Allan and he lives in a neighborhood called São José. It´s a pretty humble neighborhood. He liked church and even stayed for the baptism that the other sisters had. When I invited him to be baptized this Sunday he responded, "This fast, you have to be truly prepared to be baptized." Well, I explained to him that we´re going to teach him this week and that if he feels ready, he will be baptized. He responded that, "Yes, if I truly feel ready I will be baptized." Please pray for Allan so that he can feel a desire to be baptized this Sunday and so that he can recognize the answers to his prayers. 

Well, I´m so grateful to be a missionary. I´m so grateful to be able to get to know so many amazing sisters and see how the blessings in my Patriarchal blessings are truly being fulfilled. 

I love you all the MOSTIEST!!!

Love,            

Sister Hicks 









































































No comments:

Post a Comment